Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tarks of Dania

Every time I try to to sell whatever activity I have on my mind to my boyfriend I call it "adventure day"! I'm half being silly but also trying to trick him into going along with whatever I'm suggesting. Yesterday we had the small task of checking out a car for a friend of mine at a dealership in Hollywood. Not the most exciting Saturday afternoon activity, so to sweeten the deal I tried to find the best restaurant in the area. A couple sleepy steps north in Dania, I may have found it. Tarks is the quintessential neighborhood place. WIth only a counter and a couple tables outside you can choose whether or not to sit in the action. We opted for the action. At the counter and found ourselves in front of the oyster shucking station eliciting excited 'oohs and ahhhs' at the delicious fresh seafood. We ordered a dozen oysters, conch salad, buffalo shrimp (I am going to dream about these), and a blackened mahi fillet with curly fries and onion rings. If I could have eaten more, I would have.


I have already decided my choices for my next trip to Tark's: smoked fish dip, alligator tail, fried clam bellies, and once again the buffalo shrimp.
Tarks
1317 South Federal Highway
Dania Beach, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment