Saturday, January 26, 2013

sweet potato soup

This recipe is from Cook's Illustrated. I was unable to find the actual recipe online to make a link, so here is the emailed recipe my momma sent me. Thank you mom for sending me this, and thank you Cook's Illustrated for the scrumptious recipe!


Sweet Potato Soup:

Cook 6 slices of bacon in a dutch oven until crisp. drain bacon on
paper towel and set aside. Discard all bacon fat but 2T from pot. Add
1 onion chopped fine, 1t packed brown sugar, and 1t salt and cook
stirring occasionally until onion is softened. Stir in 3 minced garlic
cloves and cook until fragrant. Add 2lbs sweet potatoes peeled
quartered lengthwise and sliced thin, 4c low sodium chicken broth, and
1c water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes
are tender. Process in blender. Salt and pepper to taste. Top with
chives and crumbled bacon, but it tastes great plain too! Yum!!! I
think you need to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment