Saturday, December 24, 2011

Home Sweet Home

There is nothing I love more than going home for the holidays. As much as I love Miami it just never quite feels like Christmas without the cold. I like to be bundled, with an open flame somewhere in proximity to the twinkling lights of a tree, preferably cedar. 



My mom still lives in the same house I grew up in, so upon arrival I am taken back to the many Christmases I spent here performing carols with my sister, begging my parents to get out of bed Christmas morning and the smell of cinnamon rolls. This entire week I have been completely lazy and I am relishing every moment of it. My mom has of course prepared my favorite snacks and I feel ridiculously spoiled. Its so great to be surrounded by the amazing women that make up my family, my grandmother, mother, sister, and niece. I am so lucky to have them, along with my incredible friends that look out for me as well, especially the Towles. Lots of love to you all and Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment