Sunday, December 18, 2011

Au revoir mes nouveaux amis!


I have found the only downfall to living in sunny Miami is that it is a very transient place. I have lived here almost 8 years and have sadly said goodbye to so many friends. Most seem to spend a common 3 years here, then are off to New York, Dallas, or LA. Its great to have friends to visit in different cities, but nothing beats one who lives right down the street. I had that, and now I am saying goodbye to yet another friend. I met Sylvia in french class back in May but because we sat on opposite sides of the room we never ended up really talking until this semester. She mentioned she lived in South Beach and I asked if she wanted a ride home. It was instant friendship after that and the question remains "why didn't we start hanging out earlier?!" Especially now because she has decided to move to Paris with her lovely french boyfriend. I'm obviously happy for her, but quite sad to lose yet another new friend. One I adore so much. To alleviate some of the pain, a proper send off was in order.

    
    
    
    
    

photos by Tom Towle III

No comments:

Post a Comment