Monday, July 30, 2012

God Bless Okra

I know I have mentioned roasted vegetables before but I am still amazed by how simple and delicious they are. No one told me! All the years I have been chopping and sautéing when I could have just simply tossed everything into the oven. Well, there's no going back now.
Today I decided to get a little fancier with my roasting. Instead of just olive oil and s&p I added a few more ingredients. Prep time 10 minutes (if you're a skilled chopper probably 5). Cook time 25 minutes. Preheat oven to 375.

Ingredients:
2 cloves of garlic
Olive oil (I used a spicy chili infused)
Basil, Oregano, Rosemary 
Salt and Pepper
Okra, tomatoes, mushrooms
couscous

I first added two pulverized garlic cloves to a bowl with olive oil and salt and pepper. I tossed my vegetables in the olive oil then added a finely chopped mixture of basil, oregano and rosemary from my stairway herb garden. I then put everything on a cookie sheet and into the oven. The 25 minutes they cooked flooded the house with the most delectable smell of garlic and herbs. In the last 5 minutes of cooking I made the couscous.
When everything was finished I topped the couscous with the vegetables and a generous squeeze of lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment